Galations 6:9 - Do not grow weary



Ever had one of those days where you just want to curl up in your bed and wait for the next day to start so you can begin the day again with a fresh start? Or want to pull all your hair out? sigh. I was having one of those days this morning. I'm so thankful its gotten better!! I think every mama's theme verse should be Galations 6:9 - Do not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. =) I was quoting that verse to myself a lot this morning.

Two of my kids were sick all last week, my husband was traveling, we had to make a trip to the doctor, we had a traumatic event happen in our neighborhood....augh!!! With Dad traveling and kids being sick, their behavior wasn't the greatest. Most of it was due to being sick and being at an age where they don't know how to handle being sick, so it shows itself in crying....a LOT of crying.

We went to church yesterday morning, but I spent the entire time in the nursery because Micah felt miserable and didn't know how to handle it. Poor boy. I stayed home with the kids while my husband went to church and got to preach. I was soooo tired yesterday. Tired from the long week without Dad around. Tired from taking care of sick kids. Tired of hearing the kids cry all the time.....well, it felt like it was all the time anyways. =) This morning, I was ready to just throw in the towel.

When I was at my lowest point this morning, I received a big blessing. My sister texted me to ask how the kids were. I answered her and also told her that for some unknown reason I'd decided to start potty training my daughter and start summer school this morning, on top of having crying little ones. She responded "because we are mad mama's!! GOD helps you see "there is a time and a way for everything, although a man's trouble lies heavy on him". My theme verse for the day." It was such an encouragement to me! Even though I'd been saying Galations 6:9 all morning, it wasn't until someone else came along side to say they understood the type of day I was having and offered some encouragement that my day improved. It improved a lot after that sweet text!

As mamas we all have days that seem hard or like its the end of the world, but we need to remember that we have a Friend who is always there for us and will help us through our times of trial. I'm so thankful HE put someone in my life today to help encourage and inspire me.

Raising my four littles ones takes a lot of work, but its so rewarding! To know I'm raising them to further GOD's kingdom is an amazing thing!

To see their sweet faces.....

To see their grins (even cheesy ones).....


To see the love they have for each other....

Makes it all worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Me My Nap Time!

Three Tips to Help You (Mostly) Keep Your Sanity

Littles Memorizing?? It can be done!!