Happy Birth Day to Me! :D

Five years ago today I gave birth to my second daughter. We were living in Oregon at the time and I was able to have a wonderful homebirth. Our oldest was almost five before the LORD blessed us again. Those five years were so very hard. I would have times where I was upset and depressed because I still wasn't pregnant. I had a very hard time learning the lesson of contentment with the LORD's will. We thought the LORD was only going to give us one precious Blessing and I was working so hard to be content with that. Then one day I found out I was pregnant. I was ecstatic!!!! 

During those five years of waiting I learned about midwifery and homebirths so right away I knew I wanted to use a midwife. At first, we were going to have our baby at a birthing center. THEN I learned they did homebirths! We lived in a very small community and the birthing center was an hour away, so to find out they did homebirths was very exciting on many levels. I was given such wonderful care during my pregnancy from the midwives at Alma Midwifery in Portland, OR. (if you live near there, you should totally check them out! :D) 

I started having contractions very early in the morning and they jumped to 3 minutes apart and were getting stronger very fast. So we called our midwives and one came out sometime between 5-6am to see how things were going. I was so hoping to have a baby by noon or so......I didn't have my little booger until 9:08 pm!!! Oy! :) My mom and sister had arrived two days before, so they were caring for our oldest and my mom was in and out, supporting and helping me. 

Being my first homebirth I was nervous, but I was so relaxed and comfortable (as much as you can be in labor anyways) being at home. My first was a hospital birth and I hated it. Homebirths are an amazing, peaceful, empowering experience. Felicity Lynn had a headful of dark hair and looked almost identical to her daddy when he was a baby. She has his brown eyes, which I absolutely adore! 

She is such a good big sister, loves to make us all laugh, and is a joy to be around. Knowing she has claimed Christ as her own already is such a blessing! I love hearing her tell her siblings about Jesus! Each of the kids have a special bond with each other, but some had an extra special bond with one or the other. Felicity and Sophie are developing that already and its such a joy to see! I'm so looking forward to what the LORD has in store for my Sweet Felicity. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Me My Nap Time!

Three Tips to Help You (Mostly) Keep Your Sanity

Littles Memorizing?? It can be done!!